I’m not sure about you but I find that the best meals are those that are quick to make but also taste amazing and this Mexican Kindney Bean Super Bowl is no exception.
Over the past month this meal has become one of my lunch time stables leaving all my fellow house mates drooling.
Hands off — no sharing over here!Hands off! Check out this Vegan Mexican Kidney Bean Salad Click To Tweet
Okay I lied, I’m sharing you the recipe so you to can enjoy this mouthwatering Mexican Kidney bowl.
– rinse & drain the red kidney beans
– chop the mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, yellow peppers and red onions.
(if you are like me and are utterly useless at cutting and also clumsy, I thoroughly recommend a mini chopper for chopping. I use the KitchenNinja Mini Pull Food Chopper.
– combine all ingredients, squeeze in some juice of a lime or lemon & add in the spices. I choose cayenne pepper and some hot paprika.
– Lid on & shake like CRAZY. I am using the Black+Blum Box Appetit lunch boxes. LOVE THESE!
If you have tried the recipe, let me know in the comments below and feel free to tag me on Instagram.
Enjoy my fellow amigos!
- For that added kick feel free to add some chillies (can you tell I’m a wuss!)
- If you’re in need for extra calories then tortilla chips go down a treat.
- You can eat this right away however those looking for that extra orgasmic affect let all the flavour marinate in the fridge for a few hours.
This VEGAN MEXICAN KIDNEY BEAN SALAD BOWL is so nutritious and easy to make, only taking 10 minutes from start to finish (say WHAT?!). Easiest tastiest lunch time meal ever.
- 1 can drained red kidney beans
- 100 grams closed cup mushrooms
- 100 grams cherry tomatoes
- 50 grams yellow peppers
- 75 grams red onions
- 50 grams avocado
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- Sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- Sprinkle of hot paprika
Combine all ingredients except the lime juice in a large bowl and mix well. Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight. Add the lemon juice and shake well and enjoy.